Monday, November 27
After Holiday Blues...
Its so hard to come back to work after a holiday weekend, isn't it!? I had a great Thanksgiving! I hope you all did too! So I am thankful for cousins that live in the canyons of malibu, and drive a porsche around those hills. Sighs. Its tough to come back to the semi-existant life after you see the rich at play! :lol:
Anyway... a short list of what I have to be thankful for.
• my kid ~ that repeats one sound over and over again until my aunt, who can't hear much anyway, says to him, if you say that one more time, I am going to come over there. (I said to her later, I was just letting him continue, cuz i wanted to see the old lady take down a three year old)
• my family ~ my cousin and his really cool wife have a great place up in the canyons of malibu, and are great hosts! Now that I have invaded once, I will invade again soon.
• my courage ~ to take my next to no money a** on a giant leap of faith moving to California in the first place! this month is the anniversary of my brass ball adventure! Yea me! (plus the courage it takes to be a single mom, and not kill yourself!)
• good health ~ for my family, and my friends! We are having a fairly good year on that count.
• my parents ~ without them, I would not be possible! nor would the grandson, or my brother or sister, or lots of great things they have provided.
• work ~ I like working, even when its a shitty job. Don't get me wrong there are days when I would rather be cleaning up the apartment, or sleeping rahter than sitting at this desk, but I am THANKFUL to have employment and great employment at that.
• this blog ~ gives me a community of fellow souls that have great imaginations, hearty senses of humor, and colorful insights. thanks for letting me share your lives.
And i would write a bluesy tune to go with the title, but I have a self evaluation to do for my job review... YIKES!
happy blissful after the holiday monday's to all that pass here. we can MAKE IT!